Friday, November 9, 2012

Let's Make This Quick...

Friends!

I'm sorry I have been absent. I have been SO busy recently.

Let's back up to 2 weeks ago. I got a scare. I received a letter in the mail from my insurance company saying my OB is not going to be in network staeting in December.

Say, what?!?!

Thankfully, I had an appointment the next morning for blood work. I asked him why he was breaking up with me. As it turned out, it was a mistake by the insurance company and the letters were sent in error. *whew*

Now, as you all know, I've been on Lupron (belly shot). I learned that the purpose of that is to suppress my hormones so that I don't ovulate. I've also been on Delestrogen (bum shot) to increase my estrogen from the baseline that the Lupron suppressed me to. My first estrogen blood test came back at a level of "19." The next one was "297," but they were really looking for 300+. My last one was "333." They increased my Delestrogen after that bc it wasn't rising enough. That was a huge BUMmer. ;) The shots are painful enough at the lower dose, raising that dose has been brutal.

Fast forward.

IM has her egg retrieval TODAY. She has one good egg and we are praying it holds up during retrieval, fertalizes nicely, and grows over the next 5 days.

The embryo transfer is scheduled for November 15th. That's less than a week from now!! I received my new calendar and I won't even go into detail. I have 3 new meds today, progesterone bum shots every other day (huge doses), and 2 more large estrogen bum shots.

I also had to quit caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment