Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oh mi...

Oh my, my friends.

I missed a week, didn't I.

Not much has happened, surrogacy-wise, but I have been keeping very busy otherwise. Here is a snapshot of my last 2 weeks:

It rained in Oklahoma...finally!
I have started my new role at work and I love it.
My toddler has developed an aversion to naps on the weekends and shies away from any real sleep at night.
I finished books 2 and 3 of the Hunger Games series.

And of course, let's get back to the reason we are here: surrogacy.

Last week, I had to start coming off of my migraine medication, as instructed by my OB. After almost a year working with a neurologist trying out different medications for my chronic migraines, we finally settled on this med which has worked very well for me. I cut my doses in half last week and had my first migraine in 2 months. During this entire surrogacy process, we have hit little road blocks such as dropping the fee considerably and being unsure my insurance would  cover the pregnancy...this migraine is the first time I had any doubt I was strong enough to do this.

Dramatic, right?! *Sigh* I just remind myself of my background, tighten up the bootlaces, and move forward. There's no stopping us.

Last on my blog agenda for this week: a shout out to my husband.
If you are friends with him on Facebook, head on over to his page and let him know how awesome he is for being so supportive. He has given me permission to not only carry another person's baby, but he is going to pick up ice cream at midnight, rub my feet, listen to me whine, and commit to countless other "husband of the pregnant woman" duties in order for this lovely couple to have a child of their own.

I hope you all have had a great couple of weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment