Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ready, Set...

Good Saturday, All!

I hope no one minds my posting every other week. There is not enough action for good posts and I'm keeping really busy otherwise. If you do mind...bite me. ;)

Some of you saw my Facebook "check in" at my obstetrician's office. We are starting to get the process going. I went in for blood work and an ultrasound. There were 12 blood tests to run for infectious disease. That is totally reasonable. It's great to know that IM, IF, and I were all thoroughly tested before they perform the transfer. The ultrasound was a "fluid ultrasound." If you're creeped out by medical stuff or girl parts, stop reading. I thought when I went into the office that it would just be a simple "take a peek" kind of ultrasound, to make sure I have all of the equipment to carry the kiddo(s) and to check that nothing is broken...I was right, and wrong. I was right about the reason. I was wrong about it being simple. It involved a catheter, syringe, and saline solution. I'll let you Google the logistics...

Now that we have that out of the way, Let me give you The News. You may remember from one of my first posts that we had anticipated a January transfer. This date was calculated based on IM going through 3 egg retrievals. Well, since the 3rd retrieval would be after the New Year, IM would have to pay another $3000 deductible for the last procedure. So her and I talked, and we are going to nix the 3rd retrieval and go forward with 2. That means that we will now have a transfer in mid-November. Almost exactly 2 months from now!! I will start cycling with her very soon. My OB gave me the birth control and I'm just waiting for the go ahead from our Dr. in St. Louis. Oh my cow this just got real, friends!

Needless to say, we are all very excited to get this show on the road. As long as this transfer is successful, I will be knocked up before the Holidays. Keep us all in your prayers!

Have a great week, or two, and I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment